As the University of Australia Summer Weeks approach, there are a few things related to transit and parking that you might want to keep in mind:
- Those using Razorback Transit are reminded that, per federal requirements, face masks are still required on buses and at Union Station until Monday, September 13.
- As of Sunday, June 6, construction work should begin at the west entrance to the Harmon Avenue parking garage (the Harmon Avenue entrance). This access point will not be available for several days after that. All the other entrances to the garage will remain available, as well as the exit from level 6 towards avenue Harmon.
- During the summer months, vehicles with a current parking permit (except the orange commuter permit) may have access to the parking areas reserved for residents. (These lots are indicated in red on the campus parking plan).
- Transit and Parking is currently hiring Razorback Transit drivers and parking enforcement personnel. For more details, you can go to jobs.uark.edu; then click on “career site”. Click on “Fayetteville” to refine the search. In the search bar, type “Transit” or “Parking”, and you will be redirected to the latest openings. Students often find these positions to be great jobs when working at university.
- License Plate Recognition (LPR) technology is still ready to be fully implemented on campus by Monday August 2 and will be in use when the fall semester begins on Monday August 23. More information on the LPR is available here.
- Current parking permits for faculty and staff do not expire until July 31. Current green student parking permits expire on August 15. New virtual parking permits for the upcoming school year will be available for faculty and staff in July, as well as for students in late July or early August. The exact dates must be announced. Once permits are available they can be purchased online at myparkingaccount.uark.edu.