Township Transit and Energy Corridor District Establish Pilot Commuter Bus Service


The Township of Woodlands, in collaboration with The Energy Corridor District, will launch a pilot commuter bus service effective January 4, 2022.

The new service will depart from Sawdust Park and Ride and serve several stops along the Energy Corridor including Energy Center 1 and 2, Dairy Ashford at Shell Main Entrance, Eldridge at Energy Center 4 Drive (ConocoPhillips / McDermott), Memorial, Westlake at Gracie (BP # 1), and Grisby at Helios (BP # 2). The service will be offered Monday through Friday; a full schedule and route map are available online at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/parkandride.

Park and Ride tickets are available for $ 13 round trip and must be purchased in advance for this service, as drivers do not accept cash. Tickets can be purchased through The Woodlands Express mobile ticketing app or at any of the Park and Ride terminals. For more information on how to download and use the mobile ticketing app, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/1453/Mobile-Ticketing. Buses are filled on a first come, first served basis and only stop at designated locations.

“The Park and Ride system has been a huge success over the years for our residents who work downtown and at the medical center,” said Woodlands Township President Gordy Bunch. “As many residents work in the energy corridor, this provides additional opportunities for our residents. We look forward to seeing how this service can evolve for our residents. “

Advertising

Funding for the new service is being provided by The Woodlands Township’s receipt of a Congestion Management and Air Quality (CMAQ) grant from the Houston-Galveston Regional Council (H-GAC). The grant includes 80 percent of the funding, with the township and energy corridor district entering into a local funding partnership for the remaining 20 percent.

“The Township of Woodlands is pleased to partner with The Energy Corridor District to offer this new service to our passengers,” said Ruthanne Haut, Deputy Director of Community Services. “We hope this expanded service will be of great value to our residents and local cyclists working in the Energy Corridor, and we look forward to feedback on their experience. “

“The Energy Corridor is a major employment hub in the Houston area,” said Elijah Williams, Executive Director of the Energy Corridor District. “Improving mobility and commuting experiences for the benefit of our employers and their employees has always been a goal for the District. With the approval of the interlocal agreement, the new Woodlands Express-The Energy Corridor District commuter bus service will begin in early January 2022. The convenience, cost savings and sustainability benefits offered by this new service extend the ‘access to the corridor and benefit mobility across the region. “

For more information on The Woodlands Township, please visit www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov or call 281-210-3800.

To learn more about Energy Corridor District transportation services, please visit www.energycorridor.org or email Elizabeth Whitton, Transportation and Mobility Manager at [email protected].

The Township of Woodlands, in collaboration with The Energy Corridor District, will launch a pilot commuter bus service effective January 4, 2022.
Photo credit: Township of Woodlands; The Township of Woodlands, in conjunction with The Energy Corridor District, will launch a pilot commuter bus service effective January 4, 2022. The service will be available Monday through Friday; a full schedule and route map are available online at www.thewoodlandstownship-tx.gov/parkandride.

Source: Township of Woodlands

Advertising


About Kevin Strickland

Check Also

MBTA stairs stop at JFK/UMass, fixes are a “priority”

Longer waiting times for subway trains and shiny new decommissioned train cars. These are two …